The proposal of the nominating committee for the candidate list of The Progressive Party Framsókn for the upcoming local elections on 14 May was put to the vote at a party meeting on Saturday. The proposal was approved unanimously.
The Progressive Party currently has three representatives out of nine in the local government, and has served in minority for the last 8 years.
The leader of party, Hjálmar Bogi Hafliðason, is the head of department in Borgarhólsskóli and a teacher, who has served on the local council for nine years, as well as being a deputy member of parliament.
- Hjálmar Bogi Hafliðason, Húsavík
- Soffía Gísladóttir, Kelduhverfi,
- Eiður Pétursson, Húsavík
- Bylgja Steingrímsdóttir, Húsavík
- Eysteinn Heiðar Kristjánsson, Húsavík
- Hanna Jóna Stefánsdóttir, Húsavík
- Stefán Haukur Grímsson, Kópaskeri
- Heiðar Hrafn Halldórsson, Húsavík
- Brynja Rún Benediktsdóttir, Húsavík
- Unnsteinn Ingi Júlíusson, Húsavík
- Birna Björnsdóttir, Raufarhöfn
- Aðalgeir Bjarnason, Húsavík
- Guðlaug Anna Ívarsdóttir, Öxarfirði
- Bergur Elías Ágústsson, Húsavík
- Aðalheiður Þorgrímsdóttir, Reykjahverfi
- Óskar Ásgeirsson, Húsavík
- Unnur Erlingsdóttir, Húsavík
- Kristján Kárason, Húsavík
Photo by Hafþór Hreiðarsson for 640.is